Dermapen 3 MD ™ is recommended to treat:
- Aged sagging skin.
- Fine lines and wrinkles.
- Smokers lines and wrinkles.
- Skin tightening and rejuvenation.
- Large pores. Uneven texture
- Stretch marks.
- Scars (acne, surgical and burns.)
- Alopecia ( in conjunction with topical treatment- ThymuSkin™
- Active Acne
- And much more…
Why choose Dermapen™
Derma pen’s advanced skin needling technology uses multiple needles that vertically pierce the skin with an automatic vibrating function. then moved across the skin’s surface it stimulates natural collagen reproduction, whilst allowing fine channels to be created in the skin. The channels can carry up to 80% more topical nutrients, allowing for treatment delivery deep into the skin’s fibroblasts to feed the underlying cells find in the dermis and nasal layer. this increased absortion of active ingredients into the skin creates stimulated repair and faster resurfacing results.
Advanced skin needling promotes scar-less healing and the deposition of normal woven collagen, similar to fractional laser treatments but without the side effects and downtime. Advances skin needling, will stimulate all your own healing cell to come and produce healing in the skin, so it stimulates you own healing process. Very effective if used in combination with other treatments like chemical peels and light therapy.
Unlike traditional needling rollers, the Dermapen causes less trauma and has minimal epidermal (skin) damage, therefore reducing pain and discomfort, and making it a safer more effective treatment. the disposable needles eliminate risk of cross contamination, whilst the adjustable needle depths allow for a treatment tailored to your individual needs. The Dermapen is so advanced, that it is even suitable and safe to use in delicate and hard to reach areas such as around the eyes and lips and on the nose.
A Dermapen treatment just for you: What can Dermapen Achieve for me?
At Nu Youth we offer special tailor made Dermapen™ Treatments that can address your specific concern.
- Dehydrated and sun damaged skin – A Dermapen treatment using Hyaluronic Acid Serum as a glide medium. Post treatment a specially selected Anti-Ageing Serum is applied. This treatment’s glide medium contains 30% peptides, “Botox” like peptide that relaxes muscles, is deeply hydrating, eliminates fine lines and wrinkles, slows down the formation of new lines and stimulates a more elastic skin.The specially selected serum breathes new life into dehydrated dull skin. Can be combined with a post procedure hydration mask or Red light therapy.
- Active Acne – A Dermapen treatment using normal saline as a slide medium, the normal saline ( salt water) disinfects the skin naturally and clears up bacteria. A Specially selected 2% Salicylic acid post treatment serum is applied to the skin after the treatment, this serum helps to exfoliate and clean our the pores, and unblock pores. Result is a clear, blemish free skin. Salicylic acid is anti-bacterial. Suitable for teenagers and adults struggling with acne. Can be combined with Blue -Light Therapy – Especially indicated for acne.
- Pigmenation Control – A Dermapen treatment using Hyaluronic Acid as a slide medium. Post treatment a Lumi-Bright Pigment Correcting serum is applied. This specially formulated serum is designed to target pigmentation disorders and discolouration safely and effectively. With regular treatments you can begin to enjoy a more even, brighter and clear skin. Regulates the production and distribution melanin – the pigment from pigment cells that produces the discolouration.
- Anti-Ageing – A Dermapen treatment using an intensive Hyaluronic Acid as a slide medium. Post treatment a specially selected collagen stimulating and Retinol serum is applied. Retinol is the gold standard for anti-ageing, it has intensive elastin and collagen stimulating properties, increase the turnover of new healthy cell and has anti-oxidant properties. Decreases fine lines and pore size. Can be combined with a collagen stimulating mask post procedure or Red Light (healing) or Green light ( anti-oxidant) therapy.
For a more intensive treatment Dermapen treatments can be combines with certain peels at the same treatment, known as a PIXEL PEEL or with PRP ( Plasma Rich Platelets) also known as the VAMPIRE FACE LIFT.
What to expect at your DermaPen Treatment:
- You will be asked to fill out and sign a consent form, only after you have consulted with Dr Michelle and you feel well informed about the Dermapen treatment and are aware of your options and alternative treatments to Dermapen.
- You face will be washed with a cleanser and cleaned and dis-infected with an alcohol based disinfectant.
- Numbing cream is offered to our clients, that is applied for 20- 30 minutes. In most cases we advise you to try doing the treatment with out a topical anaesthetic. Dermapen is a fairly quick procedure and most patient manage very very well with some verbal guidance and distraction. We will talk you through it. Nu Youth staff will explain the pros and cons to you in detail.
- The whole face is them needled with the automatic dermapen needling device, using a gliding medium – a solution that allows the needle to glide effortlessly over the skin. Most slide mediums are just plain un-crossed linked hyaluronic acid. You can elect to Dermapen your face, neck, chest and hands in one session.
- Expect a bit of pin point bleeding during the procedure, as well as a slight throbbing sensation – which indicates good stimulation of the blood supply of your face. It is a misconception that the deeper the needles go the better the treatment and the outcome. This however is not true, proper Dermapen technique requires that the needling be done in a very specific depth for the intended problem, most of which are fairly superficial. If a previous dermapen treatment was exceptionally painful and you left felling and looking like a raw piece of meat…. something went wrong and you were not treated correctly. At Nu Youth Medical Aesthetic all our staff have exceptional training when it comes to Dermapen and have an in-depth understanding of the anatomy, physiology and chemistry involved in producing result driven Dermapen treatments.
- Your face is cleaned with normal saline or the slide medium and a specially selected serum for your indicated need is then applied to your skin. With thousands of little needle channels open into you deeper skin, this is an ideal time to apply ingredient that will stimulate you skin to its maximum.
- Sometime after the dermapen before a serum is applied, a treatment with light peel, a special mask or light therapy session can be done.
- Lycoderm a special cover -up cream that has healing properties is then appleid. This helps to cover up the redness.
- Most redness subsides on its own within a few hours. You will be given post dermapen instructions.
- Continue with your normal skin care regime the next day,.
- You may feel a little tender the next day, like you have a little sun burn and the skin texture may feel a little rough. In 2 -3 day this will subside and your skin will feel beautifully smooth like it has been deep cleaned and polished.
- All the serums are available as a take home products to continue your anti-ageing regime at home.
- We will assist you with the most appropriate home care products for your specific needs.
- Alternating Dermapen treatments with superficial medical grade chemical peels is an excellent option for resurfacing treatments.
- Please contact us if you require more information, we are more that happy to answer any questions and give you all the information you need.
Q: How many treatments of dermapen are recommended for rejuvenation, acne scarring and stretch marks? (General guide)
- Rejuvenation: 4-6 treatments – 4 weeks apart.
- Acne scarring: 6 treatments – 2 weeks apart.
- Stretch marks: <> 10 treatments – 3 weeks apart.
Q: Should I prepare my skin before having a Dermapen treatment?
A: For optimal results we recommend a period of effective active treatment creams such as NeoStrata Skin Active Antioxidant Defense Serum to allow the skin’s strength to build up ( especially for delicate skin areas). continue to use recommended solutions after the treatment for a period of 6 weeks.
Q: Is the treatment painful?
A: For minimum needle depths Dermapen treatments are painless. Treatments over 1.5mm deep, a topical anaesthesia cream is applied for 15-40 minutes before treatment and will refer the treatments completely pain free.
Q: is there any downtime after the treatments?
A: Generally no, but you may experience facial redness for 12-48 hours after the treatment. Most people are able to return to normal daily activities immediately after the treatment. application of a breathable camouflage will seal the skin and cover any redness for an immediate return to work.
Q: How soon after filler injections can I have a Dermapen treatment?
A: It’s recommended to leave at least 4 days after filler injections so that any post treatment swelling form the fillers can settle. Or have your Dermapen treatment 1-2 days before having fillers injected.