Urinary Incontinence ( UI) is the involuntary loss of urine, which objectively or subjectively represents a social. psychological and hygiene problem. Studies Estimate that 1 in 4 women between tea gesticulates of 30-59 have experienced a problem with urine leakage. Unfortunately, the vast majority of patent are reluctant to discuss this intimate issue.
Types of urinary incontinence:
In our practice with have the BTL Exilis Ultra Femme 360 and BTL Emsella chair which together offers comprehensive treatment options for women.
IU can be divided into 3 types according to their aetiology:
- Clinical symptoms of stress urinary incontinence usually involve an involuntary leakage of urine when events with increased intra-abdominal pressure are held: Coughing | Sneezing | Laughing | Getting up
- The second type of urinary incontinence is associated with a strong desire to empty and pathological contractions of the bladder, called urge incontinence.
- The third type of urinary incontinence is mixed involuntary loss of urine and involves a combination of Stress Urinary Incontinence and the symptoms of Urge Urinary Incontinence.
Why does Stress Urinary Incontinence and Urgency Urinary Incontinence occur?
The cause of Stress Urinary Incontinence is due to the loss of support of the urethra and pelvic floor musculature (PFM), which is usually a consequence of damage to pelvic support structures. Usually due to:
- vaginal delivery and
- menopausal hormonal changes
Urge Urinary Incontinence is a neuromuscular dysfunction commonly treated with pharmacotherapy and a combination of Emsella
- NOTE: Urgent incontinence may be a symptom of an underlying problem like Diabetes Mellitus ( Always ensure that your general medical check-ups are up to date.
How does the Emsella chair treatment work?
The mechanism of action is a high-intensity focused electromagnetic technology (HIFEM) that triggers intense contractions of the pelvic floor muscles by stimulating neuromuscular tissue and inducing electrical currents. Electric currents trigger neurons resulting in concentric contractions and lifting all the muscles of the pelvic floor. Key effectiveness is based on:
- focused electromagnetic energy,
- deep penetration, and
- stimulation of the entire pelvic floor area.
HIFEM technology represents a non-invasive solution for incontinent patients, who remain fully clothed during therapy. The treatment is not painful at all. No need to undress the treatment can be done fully clothed and takes 28 minutes.
What results can you expect?
After one course of treatment, 67% of treated patients completely eliminated or decreased the average number of sanitary towels used for urine leakage. Results were maintained during the 3- and 6-month follow-ups.
Most patients also reported:
- decrease in the number of leaks and improve with interference in your daily life.
- Most patients reported a subjective perception of better lubrication during sex as a result of treatments.
- Improving results over time is driven by the collagen remodelling process, which takes up to 90 days to complete.
The Emsella used in combination with the Exilis Ultra Femme vaginal rejuvenation system, can help to improve results even further. Available at our Ballito Branch. You will need 6 treatments done twice a week for 3 weeks. Maintenance once a year. Suitable for women and men